Distinction Between Bipartite And Tripartite Forms
The Sonatine Form
T The Second Rondo Form
The Necessity Of Form In Music
The Third Rondo Form
2 Abbreviation Of The Regular Form
Relation To The Three-part Song-form
Contents Of The Phrase
Repetition Of The Parts
Random Music Lessons
The Principal Song
The Trio Or Subordinate Song
The First Rondo-form
Application Of The Forms
Write careful and complete answers to the following
1. What is Time, as applied to music?
2. What is tempo?
3. Give a full definition of the beat.
4. By what time-value is it most commonly indicated?
5. Give a full definition of the measure.
6. Why do measures differ in size?
7. What is a simple measure?
8. What is a compound measure?
9. Define duple and triple rhythms. (See also Chap. I.)
10. What does the term rhythm signify?
11. How is it applied in music?
12. When is the rhythm regular?
13. When is the rhythm irregular?
14. Define the difference between melody and harmony.
15. Give a full definition of melody.
16. What are the conditions of a good melody?
17. In what respect does music resemble architecture or drawing?
18. Are the tone-lines in a composition of equal importance?
19. What significance is to be attached to the principal tone-line?
20. Upon what does the importance of a tone-line depend?
21. Where is the chief melody usually placed?
Next: The Melodic Figure