Distinction Between Bipartite And Tripartite Forms
The Sonatine Form
T The Second Rondo Form
The Necessity Of Form In Music
The Third Rondo Form
Classification Of The Larger Forms
2 Abbreviation Of The Regular Form
Length Of The Regular Phrase
Random Music Lessons
Contents Of The Phrase
3 Dislocation Of Thematic Members
The Principal Song
Write careful and complete answers to the following
1. What is Time, as applied to music?
2. What is tempo?
3. Give a full definition of the beat.
4. By what time-value is it most commonly indicated?
5. Give a full definition of the measure.
6. Why do measures differ in size?
7. What is a simple measure?
8. What is a compound measure?
9. Define duple and triple rhythms. (See also Chap. I.)
10. What does the term rhythm signify?
11. How is it applied in music?
12. When is the rhythm regular?
13. When is the rhythm irregular?
14. Define the difference between melody and harmony.
15. Give a full definition of melody.
16. What are the conditions of a good melody?
17. In what respect does music resemble architecture or drawing?
18. Are the tone-lines in a composition of equal importance?
19. What significance is to be attached to the principal tone-line?
20. Upon what does the importance of a tone-line depend?
21. Where is the chief melody usually placed?
Next: The Melodic Figure